The doctors at Georgia Oral and Facial Reconstructive Surgery are closely following the CDC and our professional societies (ADA, AAOMS, ACS) guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic. Our doctors will use their professional judgment in determining a patient’s need for surgical care, that may fall into one of the two below categories:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical care focusing on the management of conditions that relieve pain and/or risk of developing infection and toalleviate the burden on hospital emergency departments. These will be treated as minimally invasively as possible.
- Dental pain from pulpal inflammation, dental caries, or acute periodontal processes.
- Pericoronitis or third-molar pain
- Surgical post-operative care (will done by phone when deemed adequate by doctor)
- Abscess, or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain, swelling and inflammation
- Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma
- Dental trauma with avulsion/luxation
- Oral Surgical treatment required prior to critical medical procedures
- Facial Trauma care
- Tumor and Reconstructive Surgery in patients with deteriorating conditions.
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgical emergencies that are potentially life threatening and require immediate treatment to stop ongoing tissue bleeding, alleviate severe pain or infection, and include: uncontrolled bleeding, cellulitis or a diffuse soft tissue bacterial infection with intra-oral or extra-oral swelling that can potentially compromise the patient’s airway, trauma involving facial bones, potentially compromising the patient’s airway.
- Elective oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Georgia Oral and Facial Reconstructive Surgery in Atlanta
Welcome to Georgia Oral and Facial Reconstructive Surgery. We are conveniently located in multiple different offices around the metro Atlanta area (including Marietta, Alpharetta, Hiram, and McDonough, Stockbridge and Suwanee. Our doctors are leading providers of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery serving as local and national experts for diagnosis and management of complex and routine conditions including facial reconstruction, oral surgery, nerve repair, orthognathic surgery, facial trauma repair, cosmetic and dental implants surgery. All our doctors have had training in Surgery, Medicine and Dentistry and are educators and clinicians with over 200 combined peer reviewed publications, several textbooks, over 80 book chapters, national and international lectureships, educational courses and serve as division chief (Dr. Bagheri current Chief, and Dr. Meyer past Chief) of Northside Hospital (Dr Meyer was past Chairman of Emory Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery).We are the only practice in Georgia in this field that offers a Fellowship tract.
Our practice philosophy is to treat all patients like our own family. Patient care should emphasize easy access to doctors in a friendly and trusting environment. It is an honor to treat patients and make every attempt to listen, diagnose and when appropriate treat conditions to improve upon peoples’ lives. To this end our doctors strive to maintain current and cutting edge technological advancements in our field as its evidenced by our multiple educational, academic and clinical involvements.